Entry Fee : No entry fee
Timings : 4:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Time Required : 1-2 hrs
New Vishwanath Temple,
The New Vishwanath Temple is every pious man’s go-to destination to feel overwhelmed by the presence and power of the great Lord Shiva. Not only is it located in the heart of the cultural capital of India – Varanasi, but its divinity is multiplied by the holy river Ganga that flows by its side. Banaras Hindu University is hence home to one of the biggest tourist attractions in the city of Varanasi, the grand New Vishwanath Temple. Visiting this temple gives the worshipper the space to put himself in the hands of God, at his disposition, and listen to the voice in his heart.
History of New Vishwanath Temple :-
Shri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir was repeatedly destroyed (and subsequently reconstructed) by several, then reigning Mughal emperors. Hence, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya decided to replicate this Mandir in the campus of Banaras Hindu University. The Birla family graciously undertook the mammoth task of replicating the enormous temple and laid down the foundation in 1931. It took 35 long but fruitful years to finally declare its completion in 1966.
New Vishwanath Temple Timings :-
- The Vishwanath temple is opened at an early time of 2:30 AM every day for Mangala Aarti and is then opened to ticket holders between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM and the timing for general Darshan is 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
- The midday Bhog Aarti commences at 11:30 AM and goes on until 12:30 PM. General devotees are free to avail Darshan between 12:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
- Darshan is then closed for Sapta Rishi
Aarati which starts at 7:00 PM and ends at 8:30 PM post which Darshan is reopened
at 9:00 PM.
- The Shringar/Bhog Aarati starts at 9:00 PM sharp, after which Darshan is possible only from outside.
- Shayana Aarti starts at 10:30 PM and the temple is then closed at the strike of 11:00 PM.
Tips For Visiting New Vishwanath Temple, BHU
1. The festival of Mahashivratri is actively celebrated
in the temple with gleaming lights and diyas that line up the banks of the
river Ganga. However, since this is a very popular time for the devotees to
offer their prayers to Lord Shiva, the lines to enter the temple are unusually long
and may take one several hours to get in.
2. The temple requires you to remove your footwear at the entrance, and the floor can get very cold once you get in. Wearing a pair of socks can make your experience a lot more comfortable.
3. There is a cold coffee shop right outside the entrance of the temple that serves cold coffee with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream for just INR 25. It is very famous in the region and is a must try! The bhel puri stall outside the main entrance is also a treat.
How To Reach New Vishwanath Temple :-
Located amidst the spacious campus of Banaras Hindu University (BHU), the 77-meter tower is hard to miss. The BHU is approximately 15 km north of the Varanasi City Railway Station and is a 45-minute commute. Buses run very frequently between different parts of the city to the BHU Bus Stop, which is closest to the university. Several motor rickshaws and taxis also go to the Benaras Hindu University.
Call Now to get best Packege in your budget.
Call +91 8200571020 for any doubt or any info about places.